Joint & Spine Disorders (Vata Disorders)
Joint and spine disorders ( Vata Disorders)- In Ayurveda, all the joint and spine disorders are considered as Vata disorders, which means caused due to vitiated Vata doshas in our body. There are nearly 80 diseases explained under the Vata Doshas.
There are basic considerations in Ayurveda – wherever Pain is felt in the body there vitiated Vata dosha is the main reason. Some joint disorders are autoimmune such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, some may cause due to accidental history like Slip Disc reason may differ but the vitiated doshas remain the same Vata Dosha but accordingly, treatment varies. At Pradnya Ayurveda Multispeciality Hospital all Vata Disorders are treated some of them are listed below:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Slip disc/ Herniated disc
- Cervical spondylosis
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Osteo Arthritis
- Cerebral palsy
- Bell’s palsy
- Autism, etc..
Any disease with early-onset and single dosha prominence in a young individual can be cured with proper treatment. With that proper following, Pathya means Do’s and Don’t’s religiously is also very important. As the disease becomes chronic it involves multiple systems that make the disease incurable. If the disease produces some complications it becomes more difficult to treat and may land up in serious threats in life too. In Ayurveda different type of Vata doshas needs different types of line of treatments like:
- Snehana ( oleation therapy)
- Swedana ( sedution therapy)
- Langhana ( fasting therapy)
- Shodhana – panchakarma therapies like snehapana, vamana, virechana, pinda sweda patra pottali sweda, pizhichil, vaitharana basti, kshara basti, sheera basti.
- Shamana Chikitsa – medicinal ayurvedic formulations like Kashaya, Asavarishta, Choorna, Vati, Tail, Rasaushadi, etc,…..are involved.