Infertility/ IVF treatment For Male
If the production of sperms is hampered there may be some of the following reasons-
- Undescended testicles
- Health issues such as diabetes.
Less Sperm Count- Oligospermia- decreased number of spermatozoa in semen.
- Aspermia- complete lack of semen.
- Hypospermia- reduced semen volume.
- Azoospermia- absence of sperms in semen.
- Teratospermia- increase of abnormal sperms.
- Asthenozoospermia- motility of sperm reduced.
- Decreased Motility- mostly this issue is commonly faced by men.
- Varicocele- can happen when venous supply is more in testicles which apparently heats the testicles and this can affect the quality and quantity of the sperm.
- Semen Quality (decreased)- when acidity of semen increases it apparently decreases fructose levels in semen.
- Blocked Vas Deference- history of injury causes damage to the reproductive system which can cause blockage in the sperm pathway means in vas deference.
- Alcohol habits.
- Smoking habits
- Emotional habits
- Infections like STI, Gonorrhea, HIV
- Ejaculation problems
- Blockages in Vas deference
- Hormonal imbalance
- Chromosomal fefects for e.g. Klinefelter’s Syndrome
- Certain medications like steroids, cancer medications, antibiotics can affect on sperm production.