Anal fistula is a very complicated disease which doesn’t have any treatment other than surgery. Anal fistula is a sinus track formed near the anus and is connected to the anal canal. This disease is common due to gastric disturbances such as Corns disease, Irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis or chronic diarrhoea. Due to all these conditions infection may occur through anal canal which is spread through Fissures and can be infected internally forming a sinus track known as anal fistula.
Diet which can be followed during taking treatment of fistula-
- Avoid fermented food such as idli dosa curd.
- Avoid leafy vegetables which can form acidity such as methi leaves, Dill leaves.
- Try to take more fibrous foods which doesn’t interrupt in gastric metabolism such as whole wheat, cabbage, beans, boiled mutton, oats, brown rice etc…
- Have more fruity vegetables like lady finger, green or red pumpkin , rich gourd, smooth luffa, all types of beans, cabbage, cauliflower, Ivy Gourd, etc…
- Add more buttermilk to your diet so that it increases intestinal bacteria for good metabolism.
- Add one spoon ghee in each of your meal.
- If taking pickle is a habit for you and lemon or jeera pickle avoid mango pickle.
- Have less spices in your daily meals.
- Drink enough of water when thirsty avoid drinking water empty stomach. Which disturbs metabolism.
- Try to drink tea after eating something solid as tea contains tanin it increases acidity moreover increasing your gastric issues.
- Keep dinner time before at least two hours of bedtime.
- During bedtime have one cup of warm cows milk with one spoon of cows ghee.
Home remedies according to Ayurveda-
- Try to avoid constipation by following the above diet.
- Reduce stressful activities.
- Try not to set on hard surfaces.
- Sitz bath everyday are recommended.
- Avoid sleep during day.
- Try to maintain daily routine by sleeping early at night and waking up early in the morning.
Avoid to many exercises.
- Everyday 3 to 4 KM walk is good during your fistula treatment.
- Keep the wound clean and hygienic avoiding spread of infection.
About Dr. Nyanisha Desai:-
Dr. Nyanisha Desai is the director of the Pradnya Ayurvedic Multi-Specialty Hospital. In 2009, she completed her BAMS at Ayurvedic Medical College, Peth Vadgaon, Kolhapur. She has been practicing at Aayushree Ayurvedic Clinic and Panchakarma Center in Chinchwad, Pune since 2011. Then she founded Pradnya Ayurveda Multispecialty Hospital, Indrayani Nagar Bhosari, in 2018 with an aim to treat patients in a pure and natural way of holistic medicine. She has specialized experience in infertility and anorectal therapy.