- Firstly, you may feel Bleeding during the bowel movement.
- Also, the skin around the anus feels sore or itchy.
- Feeling of constipation
- In case of external piles, feeling of discomfort and pain
- Itching around anus, redness & swelled.
- Pain during deafecation (process of passing stools).
- For internal piles, the doctor pay to perform a Per Rectal examination, for that Proctoscope may be used.
- Proctoscope is a hollow tube like instrument with or without light which allows to examine the anal canal.
- The doctor may recommend a colonoscopy if needed if the patient has symptoms that suggest another digestive system disease In other words if they are demonstrating any risks factor for colorectal cancer.
- Hemorrhoids are caused due to increased pressure in the lower rectums.
- Blood vessels are in the rectum, stretches under pressure and may get swelled or bulged transforming into piles.
May be due to –
- 1. Constipation which is chronic.
- 2. Chronic diarrhea.
- 3. Pregnancy.
- 4. Straining more while passing stools .
- 5. Heavy weight lifting.
- 6. Piles are inherited and increases with the age.
- Excessive bleeding (fresh blood) which may cause anaemia or weakness.
- Infection in Hemorrhoids.
- Fecal incontinence (inability to control bowel movements).
- Strangulated Hemorrhoid.
- Fistula tract can also be created inside the anus.
- Grade I – Small pedicles usually inside the anus. Visible only on PR (Per Rectal examination).
- Grade II – Larger than Grade I, these are also inside the anus. Comes out during passing stools, goes inside by themselves.
- Grade III – Prolapsed Hemorrhoids outside anus. Individual may feel hanging from rectum but can be inserted manually.
- Grade IV – Fully prolapsed, are large enough and remain outside the anus and needs surgery.
Changes in your lifestyle –
- 1. If your work is sitting for long hours then it’s a matter to worry. Sometimes this progresses your Hemorrhoids.
- 2. Standing for long hours.
- 3. Sitting for long hours on toilet.
- 4. Interrupting nature’s call.
- 1. According to Ayurveda diet depends on one’s prakruti (Body type).
- 2. Everyone is not suitable for similar kind of diet.
- 3. It depends on what types of Hemorrhoids are there; cause, daily routine, climate, chronic or acute condition.
- 4. When you visit Pradnya Ayurveda, your whole history is taken and accordingly dietic changes will be told.
- 5. Sometimes dietic changes also give you relief in 50% cases.
- 1. Pure ayurvedic treatment will be provided in Pradnya Ayurveda in all acute and chronic cases.
- 2. Patient’s over history is taken and then only treatment is given.
- 3. In every cases we try to manage on, medications first.
- 4. According to Ayurveda, Arabo (Hemorrhoids) is caused due to metabolic disturbances, so first we try to fix your metabolic issues.
Kshara Chikitsa –
- If medicinal treatment does not work we opt for kshara application procedure, it is a mini surgical procedure that removes internal hemorrhoids.
Agni karma –
- It’s also a type of mini surgical procedure done for external hemorrhoids.
Shastra karma (surgical procedure) –
- Its the last option of the treatment protocol, ayurvedic surgical removal of hemorrhoids.